Make and share this Artichoke Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet, saute the artichoke hearts garlic, and shallots in the stock.
- Set aside half the hearts and puree the rest in blender.
- Add the butter and milk and whip till smooth.
- Place in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in rest of the hearts and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with basil and croutons.
Yep this is as tasty as all the other types of chowder I have had. I made using canned artichoke hearts so there was no cleaning or steaming involved which made this a supper easy recipe, whole milk and cut the butter down to 1/4 cup because I was using whole milk. While we enjoyed this a whole lot the garlic is a bit strong and next time I might only use 3 cloves instead of 4. Thanks for the post.