Recipe by ssej1078_1251510
Top Review by Debbwl
Yep this is as tasty as all the other types of chowder I have had. I made using canned artichoke hearts so there was no cleaning or steaming involved which made this a supper easy recipe, whole milk and cut the butter down to 1/4 cup because I was using whole milk. While we enjoyed this a whole lot the garlic is a bit strong and next time I might only use 3 cloves instead of 4. Thanks for the post.
- 4 cups artichoke hearts, steamed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup butter (soy butter if vegan)
- 4 cups milk (soy milk if vegan)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- basil, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the artichoke hearts garlic, and shallots in the stock.
- Set aside half the hearts and puree the rest in blender.
- Add the butter and milk and whip till smooth.
- Place in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in rest of the hearts and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with basil and croutons.