1/3 Photos of Artichoke Chicken Saute
Sweet Diva's Note:
Adapted from Quick Cooking Magazine. This is a good recipe when you need a very quick-to-fix meal on the table. I have made it with the chicken broth option, as I didn't have white wine the night I made it (I don't drink, so unless I buy wine for a recipe - it's not something I have readily available in the pantry). I used shrimp and with the chicken broth, I thought it was a bit bland and added 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (rounded), 1/4 tsp. onion powder (rounded), and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to make it more to our liking. I also used evaporated fat free milk instead of the heavy cream to make it lighter and more healthy. If you use the wine, you may not need these extra additions. The magazine also suggests using broccoli or asparagus in place of the artichike hearts, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 340.19 g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 118.29 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml white wine or 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream, divided
- hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- 3Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 4Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet.
- 5Add remaining cream.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Serve over rice or noodles.
- 8Yield: 4 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Chicken Saute
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.2
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.3 mg
- Sodium 584.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: