Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Quick Cooking Magazine. This is a good recipe when you need a very quick-to-fix meal on the table. I have made it with the chicken broth option, as I didn't have white wine the night I made it (I don't drink, so unless I buy wine for a recipe - it's not something I have readily available in the pantry). I used shrimp and with the chicken broth, I thought it was a bit bland and added 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (rounded), 1/4 tsp. onion powder (rounded), and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to make it more to our liking. I also used evaporated fat free milk instead of the heavy cream to make it lighter and more healthy. If you use the wine, you may not need these extra additions. The magazine also suggests using broccoli or asparagus in place of the artichike hearts, if desired.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- hot cooked rice or noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet.
- Add remaining cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Yield: 4 servings.