Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from the Friends of the Friona Library Cookbook. This is delicious! I've made it with the chicken in the salad as a lunch dish, or leaving the chicken out and grilling it on the side for dinner.
- Make Rice a Roni according to package directions and cool completely. You can do this the day before.
- Add green onion and green peppers, olives, chicken and artichokes.
- Mix mayonnaise with marinade from the artichokes until well blended.
- Toss with chicken and rice mixture.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
My Grandmother started making this recipe over 20 years ago and it's still a big favorite in the family. The only exception is she added a tsp of curry that added a little kick.