Prep 40 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from the Friends of the Friona Library Cookbook. This is delicious! I've made it with the chicken in the salad as a lunch dish, or leaving the chicken out and grilling it on the side for dinner.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained reserving the marinade
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts
- Make Rice a Roni according to package directions and cool completely. You can do this the day before.
- Add green onion and green peppers, olives, chicken and artichokes.
- Mix mayonnaise with marinade from the artichokes until well blended.
- Toss with chicken and rice mixture.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
My Grandmother started making this recipe over 20 years ago and it's still a big favorite in the family. The only exception is she added a tsp of curry that added a little kick.