Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious and unique pizza that uses Monterey Jack cheese and an unusual sauce made out of artichoke marinade liquid, vinegar, and spices. Adapted from cooks.com recipe. The original called for a 16 oz Boboli bread shell, but we haven't tried that.
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium summer squash
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced or 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 frozen bread dough, loaf thawed
- 1 1⁄3 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Drain artichokes, reserve liquid. Cut artichokes into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Cook zucchini, bell pepper, and mushrooms in olive oil in skillet until crisp tender. Remove from skillet.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in the artichoke liquid and hearts, tomatoes, olives, vinegar, and spices.
- Combine cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water, add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Return all vegetables to skillet and stir.
- Roll pizza dough evenly to fit 12 inch pizza pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Assemble pizza: dough, then meat/vegetable mixture, then cheeses.
- Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes.