1/2 Photos of Artichoke Chicken Calzones
Tiffiny #2's Note:
I found this one in a Cooking Light article and I just finished eating seconds. Which is something I usually can refrain from doing. But this was so yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & finely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove (I used 2)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- 5 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- 1 -2 cup of your favorite marinara sauce, for dipping
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Pat chopped and drained artichokes dry with papertowels.
- 3In large bowl, combine artichokes, pepper, salt and garlic.
- 4Add spinach, chicken & shredded provolone- Gently toss.
- 5Line your largest cookie sheet with foil.
- 6Pour olive oil over foil and brush or spread with back of spoon evenly over foil.
- 7Sprinkle cornmeal over oil.
- 8Unroll pizza dough onto prepared cookie sheet, use a roller pizza cutter and cut the dough into 6 even sections.
- 9Cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- 10Pat each section into 5 by 6 inch sheets.
- 11Spoon mixture onto half of rectangle sheet making sure not to cross the diagonal.
- 12Fold across the diagonal to make triangle calzones and squeeze edges of dough to create a seal.
- 13Bake on center rack for 12 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Chicken Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust