Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the label on a can of artichokes. The sauce is really tasty -- kind of Tex Mex. I like to sprinkle with cheese after it comes out of the oven. Beware of adding salt to this recipe as the soup, salsa, olives and cheese have PLENTY.
- 1 can condensed condensed golden mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup fire-roasted green chili salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (drained)
- Combine soup, salsa and cumin in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken in 9x9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Place artichoke hearts around chicken.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake 25 more minutes at 350 degrees.
Delicious! I have been eyeing this recipe for some time and finally made it tonight. DH hadn't ever eaten artichokes and he thought it was good. I LOVE artichokes and thought it was fantastic! Served the sauce over rice and loved, loved, loved it! Thanks.
Great dish! I used Pace Salsa Verde and cooked as directed. This was a very tasty meal and as another reviewer mentioned, it smelled wonderful while cooking! Next time I might try cutting chicken into pieces and serving over rice and I think the cheese added to the top as mentioned in other reviews would be great too (but it certainly doesn't "need" it. Will definitely make again-thanks!
Shelly, I put this together last night after work, and it was divine! The chicken breasts even stayed moist. I followed the recipe exactly, and sprinkled with some shredded cheddar on top. We did not find this too salty -- it was just right. I also made the baked corn casserole #109137 which made a perfect meal. Thanks! --Marla in Scottsdale,AZ