- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained,coarsely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup reserved tomato juice, may add water or 3⁄4 cup stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, boneless black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice, and coarsely chop.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add artichokes and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato liquid.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occcasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Sauce can be made a day before.
- Reheat before continuing.
- Rub chicken on both sides with pepper.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook about 10 minutes per side until done.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.