Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained,coarsely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup reserved tomato juice, may add water or 3⁄4 cup stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, boneless black pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice, and coarsely chop.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add artichokes and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato liquid.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occcasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Sauce can be made a day before.
- Reheat before continuing.
- Rub chicken on both sides with pepper.
- Add chicken to sauce and cook about 10 minutes per side until done.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Wow! This was so good and simple. I added red pepper and mushrooms and it was great. I probably needed a little more tomato juice, but other than that,I highly reccomend it
mmmm Delicious!!! I used marinated artichokes and stewed tomatoes because that was what I had in, I saved the marinade from the artichokes and added it to the tomato jucice to make up the amount requied. We really loved the flavoures, lovely chicken recipe, thanks for sharing.
I'm giving this two stars because my roommate came up with an alternative to finish it. But, I thought it was bland an odd texture. You might be able to spice it up, but on it's own I wouldn't recommend it. We added the left overs to a jar of spaghetti sauce and had "chicken parmesean" over pasta. Otherwise we have tossed the left overs. Sorry Dancer, I enjoy other recipes of yours!