1 hr 20 mins
Another impressive appetizer from Houston Jr. League, Stop and Smell the Rosemary. Display on a raised cake stand for a beautiful presentation. Calls for 8 sheets phyllo dough, but for some reason I mistakenly only used 4, and it turned out just fine, just with a thinner crust! Also, although I made this according to the recipe specifications, I think next time I might use an entire 6 oz. jar of marinated artichokes, rather than just the 3 oz. - just FYI!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19.71 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 8 sheet phyllo dough, thawed
- 85.04 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 141.74 g feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 7.39 ml chopped fresh oregano (no substitutions)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 59.14 ml chopped green onion
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Brush the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with melted butter.
- 3Place 1 sheet of phyllo in pan so that phyllo extends up and over the sides of the pan.
- 4Brush with melted butter.
- 5Repeart with the remaining phyllo and butter.
- 6Cut 2 slits in the center of the phyllo dough for steam to escape.
- 7Bake 7-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Decrease oven temp to 325.
- 10Drain the artichokes, reserving 2 T.
- 11of the marinade.
- 12Chop the artichokes and set aside.
- 13Beat the cheeses, oregano and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- 14Add the eggs, beating just until blended.
- 15Do not overbeat.
- 16Add the chopped green onions, chopped artichokes, and reserved marinade, combining well.
- 17Pour into crust, and cover loosely with foil.
- 18Bake 40-50 minutes, or until center is still soft but sides stay firm when gently shaken.
- 19NOTE: The cheesecake did not look"done" to me at this point, but firms up in the fridge.
- 20Also, if served only slightly chilled or at room temp (as suggested), it serves up creamy and spreadable.
- 21Cool, then cover and chill 2-24 hrs.
- 22(24 hrs. recommended) Garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, and serve slightly chilled or at room temp.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g