1 hr 20 mins
Another impressive appetizer from Houston Jr. League, Stop and Smell the Rosemary. Display on a raised cake stand for a beautiful presentation. Calls for 8 sheets phyllo dough, but for some reason I mistakenly only used 4, and it turned out just fine, just with a thinner crust! Also, although I made this according to the recipe specifications, I think next time I might use an entire 6 oz. jar of marinated artichokes, rather than just the 3 oz. - just FYI!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 3 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (no substitutions)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Brush the bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan with melted butter.
- 3Place 1 sheet of phyllo in pan so that phyllo extends up and over the sides of the pan.
- 4Brush with melted butter.
- 5Repeart with the remaining phyllo and butter.
- 6Cut 2 slits in the center of the phyllo dough for steam to escape.
- 7Bake 7-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Decrease oven temp to 325.
- 10Drain the artichokes, reserving 2 T.
- 11of the marinade.
- 12Chop the artichokes and set aside.
- 13Beat the cheeses, oregano and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- 14Add the eggs, beating just until blended.
- 15Do not overbeat.
- 16Add the chopped green onions, chopped artichokes, and reserved marinade, combining well.
- 17Pour into crust, and cover loosely with foil.
- 18Bake 40-50 minutes, or until center is still soft but sides stay firm when gently shaken.
- 19NOTE: The cheesecake did not look"done" to me at this point, but firms up in the fridge.
- 20Also, if served only slightly chilled or at room temp (as suggested), it serves up creamy and spreadable.
- 21Cool, then cover and chill 2-24 hrs.
- 22(24 hrs. recommended) Garnish with sprigs of fresh oregano, and serve slightly chilled or at room temp.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.7
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 295.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.6 g