Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 lbs baby artichokes
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) bag cipollini onions, peeled and halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh chanterelle mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine water and 2 tablespoons juice. Working with one artichoke at a time, bend back outer green leaves of artichokes, snapping at base, until reaching light green leaves.
- Trim about 1/4 inch from top of artichoke. Cut off stem of artichoke to within 1/4 inch of base; peel stem.
- Cut artichoke in half vertically. Place artichoke halves in lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Set aside.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook for 3 minutes or until onions begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove onions from pan, and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and oil to pan, stirring until butter melts.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Add onions and wine; cook for 3 minutes or until wine almost evaporates. Drain artichokes. Stir artichokes and peas into onion mixture; cook 3 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.