Recipe by Bergy
This serves 2 as the main meal or 4 as a side salad.Lovely combination of flavors. Do not over cook the cauliflower and make sure it is cool before tossing with other ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup whole pitted black olives
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp or 8 ounces frozen shrimp, washed & drained
- lettuce leaf (for garnish)
- 1 slice lemon, rind of (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄3 cup lite olive oil (use virgin if you wish)
- 2 green onions, chopped (white & green)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the cauliflower for 5 minutes so they are still crisp, cool.
- Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients except oil.
- In a blender slowly add the oil in a steady stream while the blender is on.
- Gently toss the cailiflower, artichokes, olives and shrimp, season.
- Arrange cauliflower etc.
- on individual plates on a lettuce leaf, chill.
- To Serve pour dressing over, or serve on the side, garnish each plate with a piece of lemon peel.