Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice and different side dish. Great for holiday dinners. It uses the canned water-packed artichoke hearts, NOT the marinated ones.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, water-packed, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 2 oz
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, 2 oz
- 1 cup crished Ritz cracker, measure after crushing
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9" casserole dish; set aside.
- Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop; set them aside.
- In a skillet, melt the 3 tbsp butter and sautee the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the artichoke hearts/ lemon juice and the pepper. stir to mix well. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Evenly sprinkle with both cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cracker crumbs and the 3 tbsp melted butter; toss well.
- Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs over the casserole.
- Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes.