Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a New Orleans classic. This dish is on quite a few holiday menus. It's quick and easy and absolutely DELICIOUS!! Adjust amounts of oil, butter, and cheese to suit your taste.
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup ham (cubed)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans French style green beans (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts (drained, reserve liquid)
- 1⁄2 knorr's chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (coarsely grated)
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Sauté onion, garlic, ham in mixture of olive oil and butter until tender.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Reserve enough breadcrumbs and romano cheese to sprinkle on top. Add only enough artichoke liquid to create a medium consistency. If you think it’s too wet, add more bread crumbs and/or cheese.
- Turn off heat.
- Transfer to baking dish sprayed with vegetable spray. Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese on top and bake at 350ºF for approximately 30 minutes.
I had to modify it to get it to taste good. I added 1 can of Cr of Chicken soup,a small jar of Artichokes, (not 15 oz),deleted the mozzarella, added cheddar cheese 1t.of Mrs Dash,1t. Basil.Much better after modification.