Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Served with crispy toasted bagel crisps. From Australian Good Taste magazine.
- 2 bagels, thinly sliced crossways
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (170 g) jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 2 spring onions, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped (shallots)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place bagel slices, in a single layer, on 2 baking trays. Drizzle evenly with 1 tbs of the oil. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place the cannellini beans, artichokes, shallot and 1 tbs of remaining oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Serve with bagel crisps.
this tasted exactly like grass!. it was really strange. but if you've ever drank wheatgrass you know that taste.. this is it. i added a can of tomatoes and some parmasean cheese and some spices and heated it up to try and get it to not taste like grass anymore.. it helped a little .. i mean grass is good.. just not what i was expecting?