Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Served with crispy toasted bagel crisps. From Australian Good Taste magazine.
Top Review by sprue
this tasted exactly like grass!. it was really strange. but if you've ever drank wheatgrass you know that taste.. this is it. i added a can of tomatoes and some parmasean cheese and some spices and heated it up to try and get it to not taste like grass anymore.. it helped a little .. i mean grass is good.. just not what i was expecting?
- 2 bagels, thinly sliced crossways
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (170 g) jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 2 spring onions, ends trimmed, coarsely chopped (shallots)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place bagel slices, in a single layer, on 2 baking trays. Drizzle evenly with 1 tbs of the oil. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place the cannellini beans, artichokes, shallot and 1 tbs of remaining oil in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Serve with bagel crisps.