Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from my America's Best Recipe cookbook. Combines artichokes, mushrooms and olives with this cheesy egg casserole. Sounds like a great crowd pleaser!
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (fine)
- Cook onion in 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine onion mixture, eggs, and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter and breadcrumbs in a small bowl; stir well. Sprinkle over egg mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set and golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.