Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This always gets rave reviews. Great as an accompaniment to any meal or as an appetizer.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut the french bread loaf in half and tear out the center of each half, tearing into bite-size pieces.
- Brown the torn-out pieces of bread in butter with garlic.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, without the cheddar.
- Put the mixture back into the hollowed-out loaf.
- Top with cheddar.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Oh MadzMom, this really hit the spot!!! I love the combination of flavors with the artichoke. I could make a meal just on this. Thank you soooo much for sharing a great recipe. :-)