This is just a wonderfully tasty way to start off any good meal. But if your like my family and can't get enough of artichokes this becomes the weekend snack
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sesame seeds.
- Sauté until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stir in artichoke, Monterey jack, parmesan and sour cream.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out center of each piece, leaving a 1 inch shell.
- Add approximately 1/2 of the removed bread pieces to the artichoke mixture.
- Stir to blend.
- Spoon artichoke mixture into french bread shells and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- Cool slightly and cut into slices.
I copied Yooper and served this bread with lasagna. This bread is gooey good! My friends and I enjoyed so much. It is a nice alternative to usual garlic bread. A keeper!
This was super! I adore artichokes, and combined with the cheese, it was just great. I served this bbqed chicken and ribs and this was the talk of the table. I've never had anything quite like this before, and it really was deliscious!!!!
This was dinner last night, along with some chicken noodle soup I had already made. Everyone loved it. I was wondering whether it might be a nice hors d'oevre, cut in small slices, but there wasn't any left to see if I could cut it up small; it was devoured right from the oven. I followed the recipe almost exactly, but substituted Smart Balance for the butter, and used all low fat cheeses.