Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have tons of high-quality blue cheese. Plan to make this tonight!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add vermouth and simmer until all liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Add artichokes, broth, and thyme.
- Simmer until artichoke hearts begin to fall apart, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Pour soup into saucepan.
- Stir in cream and blue cheese.
- Simmer over medium heat until cheese melts and soup is smooth, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.