Queen B's Note:
This recipe is a wonderful cold day soup but also light enough for Spring and Summer meals. Perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich or salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 42 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts (small size - 3 cans)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (or mushroom)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half (fat free is fine)
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon good season's dry mix Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 -3 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Saute leeks in butter or olive oil and place in food processor. Puree leeks.
- 2Add 3 cans of drained artichoke hearts and pulse in the the food processor until just short of pureeing. Should be coarse and still a bit chuncky.
- 3Mix together pureed ingredients, cream soup, broth, lemon juice and Italian dressing in stock pot and bring to simmer. Add 1/2 & 1/2 and heat thoroughly. Taste for seasonings and add salt as desired.
- 4Serve hot. Keeps well in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix