Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a wonderful cold day soup but also light enough for Spring and Summer meals. Perfect with a grilled cheese sandwich or salad.
- 42 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts (small size - 3 cans)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (or mushroom)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half (fat free is fine)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon good season's dry mix Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 -3 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute leeks in butter or olive oil and place in food processor. Puree leeks.
- Add 3 cans of drained artichoke hearts and pulse in the the food processor until just short of pureeing. Should be coarse and still a bit chuncky.
- Mix together pureed ingredients, cream soup, broth, lemon juice and Italian dressing in stock pot and bring to simmer. Add 1/2 & 1/2 and heat thoroughly. Taste for seasonings and add salt as desired.
- Serve hot. Keeps well in refrigerator.
Wow, Queen B! Questa zuppa e' molto buona, veramente! Ma capisci che ho usata brodo di verdure, non di pollo:):)! Grazie per una recetta deliziosa.