Recipe by dawnie2u
This is one of my favorite soups. It is so rich and the flavors so subtle. Bleu cheese when melted becomes very mellow in flavor. If you love bleu cheese, you will love this soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup vermouth
- 16 ounces canned artichoke hearts, in water, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces blue cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter, over medium heat, for about 10 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add vermouth, artichokes, broth and thyme and simmer until the artichokes fall apart, about 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in cream and bleu cheese and simmer until melted.
- Carefully puree in a blender, or whir with your stick blender (if you do not own a stick blender, run, I said RUN out and get one! You will love it).
- Garnish with chives.