Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good and takes no time at all to make. Eat on toasted bread or carrot and celery sticks. You can also try it as a spread for a wrap with grilled chicken and tomato slices. Toss with pasta for an instant pasta sauce.
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. This dip gets thicker after it has been refrigerated.
- Variations: add green olives, chives, chopped fennel, sun dried tomatoes or rosemary.
Excellent and so easy to make. I resisted the temptation to try any of the variations and used the ingredients as listed. But I'm looking forward to trying the other suggestions in the future. Another time I think I'll also try adding a little mint, which I think would work well.
I like this dip because it's quite easy to put together and of course has some of my favorites- garlic and artichokes. This reminds me of hummus and was delicious with celery sticks. I did end up adding a little hot sauce to add some of that heat that I crave, but it was fine as is. Can't wait to try some of your variations, especially the olives. What a great idea!