Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Diet, who is on a diet, not me. I found this recipe on another web site and made it with low fat substitutes and it was beyond creamy and rich and decadent. Try it!! I cut the recipe in half and it still served 6.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans artichokes, not marinated,chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked and drained (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used low fat)
- 1 cup sour cream (I used low fat)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (I did not use) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine artichokes, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, parmesean cheese and 3/4 cup mozarella cheese.
- Toss in ziti and combine well.
- Place in prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozarella cheese and bread crumbs if you are using them.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Let sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.
Added some garlic. Very tasty.
I love artichokes!! This was a great recipe - I only used 2 cans of artichokes and I added some chooked, shredded chicken along w/garlic. It was a tad dry, I like my pasta a little more "saucy" - but my family loved it.
All my favourite ingredients! We really enjoyed this, but I did add a couple of things.....garlic and lemon juice. They seem to go so well with artichokes. I didn't use 'low' anything, made 2/3 the recipe, and two of us 'oink oinks' ate over half of it! I will definitely make it again, but will add even more garlic and lemon juice and maybe a couple of pinches of cayenne pepper. I am not a big tweaker of recipes, but felt this one called out for the added ingredients. It was a breeze to make.....thanks for posting!