Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The shrimp, artichoke bottoms and avocados just combine to make such a wonderful summer salad .... wow.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 13 3⁄4 ounces artichoke bottoms, drained and rinsed and diced
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- red leaf lettuce or spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar, either is great)
- Mix the lemon, olive oil, vinegar. Add the vegetables and shrimp. Serve with pita, sour dough, or french bread.
This recipe really reminded me of how easy frozen cooked peeled shrimp can be to use! I think everyone enjoyed this (I was not home while the others ate, so not sure.) I sort of doubled the recipe. I used 2 12-oz packages of shrimp and I used a partially empty small jar of grilled artichokes instead of the second can. Otherwise, everything was doubled. I also used dried basil (2 tsp.) instead of fresh. Since the dried basil turned out fine, I would probably use it again to save money. I thought I might find this bland since there were so few seasonings, but it was delightful. It was a bit more "fresh and light" tasting than the food I usually prepare, but that is probably a good thing. I didn't add the lettuce until just before serving and I am not sure if everyone used it. It would probably be good with or without it. (I liked it in mine.)
Loved this recipe!! I made ahead of time and the flavors really came together. Wonderful change to the traditional summer salads!
Absolutely wonderful! I used two avocados. Can't wait to try it on company.