Artichokes, garlic and cheese what a nice way to start off your holiday parties!
Make and share this Artichoke Appetizers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -3 crushed garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all ingredients except crescents.
- Unroll the triangles and cut in half so you have 32 triangles.
- You`ll be cutting from the wide side through the narrow point.
- Or how many crescents you have in a package.
- Place 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of filling into each crescent.
- Roll wide side up to thin side.
- Sprinkle tops with parmesan grated cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
These were AMAZING and so easy to make. Just some variations - I omitted the green chiles (I'm just not a fan) and use all 3 garlic cloves and only 1 tsp of the italian seasoning. Also, I put a ton of parm cheese on the tops. :) I found that they definitely needed the full 20 minutes - but also, instead of making them into crescents I folded each end to the top to make a sort of pouch so they came out almost round in form - I think it was good with the crescent to filling ration. Delicious - I'll definitely be making these again! Thanks for the great recipe!
These were a big hit and very tasty! I liked the size of cutting them in half for a good snack size but I agree it seemed like I was over-stuffing them until they came out and the filling held together very well even though it was spilling out. I did have leftover stuffing so I put it in manicotti shells and topped with a creamy cheese sauce.
This is very easy and tasty. I too hard a hard time fitting it all in a half of triangle, but after making I realized you can stuff a bunch in there an really just have the base for the bottom and fold the triangle thin end over the top and it works fine. As someone else stated, it only needs 15 mins, watch them. Also, I felt the recipe could use a bit more flavor, like onion powder, pepper, more garlic, and perhaps some cayenne. I don't think the parm. cheese on top is needed. I would make again for a party/app with some adjustments. It was quick and easy and vs. having a dip, it's something that someone can just pick up and eat.