Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on the cooking channel. Looked yummy.
GARBANZO BEAN SPREAD
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cansitalian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 small baguette, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 2 cups arugula
- To make the Garbanzo Bean Spread: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the Panini: Combine the black olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, tuna, and artichokes in a bowl.
- Lay out the sliced baguettes. Spread the Garbanzo Bean Spread on both halves of the baguettes. Spoon the tuna mixture over the bean spread. Top with the arugula and close the sandwich. Wrap 1 end of the sandwich in parchment paper to make it easier to eat. Place the sandwiches on a platter and serve.