A nice combination of ingredients in this quiche.
Make and share this Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, partially baked
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained, dried and chopped (do not use oil-packed tomatoes)
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, garlic, salt, and pepper together.
- Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and basil on top of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over all.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean and top is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- **As always--cover pie crust edges w/ foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning.