Recipe by Tonkcats
yum chilling time not included in preparation time.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I liked the idea of this sald, but I think some amounts are incorrect. One pound of spinach is a huge amount in relation to the other ingredients. I used a 14 oz can of artichokes and only about 6 oz of spinach and got about 4 servings. The dressing is a bit acidic. I had to add some sugar to balance it out. Overall, it's good, for a simple, unique salad. Thanx.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic flavored vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) jar artichoke hearts
- 2 -3 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, vinegar and cheese.
- Cut artichokes in quarters and add to the vinaigrette along with oil they come in; mix gently and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Take fresh spinach, wash and remove tough stems and tear as for tossed salad.
- Serve with the dressing.
- This dressing works well with other salad greens.