Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a lovely simple recipe from Andrew Weil. Totally healthy!....and so fast to make. I added just a bit of my own style.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic cooked soybeans, undrained
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine artichokes and soybeans in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Saute onion,garlic and ginger in the olive oil until onion is soft and garlic is golden.
- Careful not to burn.
- Stir in puree and stock.
- Heat and enjoy.
- You can substitute chicken stock for vegetable.
I am a fan of artichokes and soybeans, so I figured this would be a delightful recipe - unfortunately it wasn't touched after the first serving and ended up being tossed. I used frozen soybeans instead of canned and onion and ginger powder instead of fresh. If I were to try this again I would stick with the canned soybeans (they seem to puree better) and not take any shortcuts with the onion and ginger. Don't make the mistakes I did :)