Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no idea why but I have never tried marinated Artichoke hearts and have had a jar stored in my pantry for ages. Rocket is growing extremely well in my garden right now so thought I would try this recipe soon.
- 340 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 bunch rocket, washed and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 g spiral pasta
- parmesan cheese, extra if desired
- Put artichoke hearts and marinade, macadamia nuts, rocket, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper into food processor and process until mixture forms a smooth paste. Transfer pesto into a bowl.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain, leaving a little of the cooking water clinging to the pasta.
- Add pesto to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with additional parmesan if desired.