Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. A very good salad, that is a delicious side salad for a Chicken dish - I love the green olives that are added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (homemade or low-sodium store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 small green olives, pitted and sliced
- 12 medium artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, liquid reserved
- 1 celery, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1Bring stock to a simmer. Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Add rice, salt and curry powder. Cook, stirring 1 minute.
- 2Raise heat, and add half the stock. stir 30 seconds, stir in remaining stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- 3Spread rice onto a rimmed baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Combine olives, artichoke hearts, and celery in a large bowl. Add rice and toss. Add 1 tablespoons reserved artichoke liquid, and toss. (Salad can be made up to this point and refrigerated overnight).
- 5Before serving, stir in spinach leaves. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 1665.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: