Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. A very good salad, that is a delicious side salad for a Chicken dish - I love the green olives that are added.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (homemade or low-sodium store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 small green olives, pitted and sliced
- 12 medium artichoke hearts, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, liquid reserved
- 1 celery, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock to a simmer. Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Add rice, salt and curry powder. Cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Raise heat, and add half the stock. stir 30 seconds, stir in remaining stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Spread rice onto a rimmed baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine olives, artichoke hearts, and celery in a large bowl. Add rice and toss. Add 1 tablespoons reserved artichoke liquid, and toss. (Salad can be made up to this point and refrigerated overnight).
- Before serving, stir in spinach leaves. Serve cold or at room temperature.