Recipe by Wrestler
I love risotto! The vegetarian broth is vital to give it flavour - I use a broth concentrate and use twice the amount for risotto. The colour is equally important so consider a mix of red/green/yellow/orange peppers. Make sure your risotto is a little bit 'wet' in the end, so the dish doesn't get dried out and pasty.
Top Review by Mr Sparkle
This is delish! Here in Spain, they have great artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers available in jars so I just throw them in when the rice (bomba paella rice) is almost ready. I leave out the white wine for health reasons. Gracias for this recipe!
- 2 -3 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, cut julienne
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth to near boil and keep hot in saucepan.
- Cook bell pepper and artichoke hearts in 2 tbs.
- Cook onion in 2 tbs.
- broth until softened.
- Add oil and rice and cook 1 minute.
- Add wine.
- Cook until wine is almost gone.
- Add broth just to cover rice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until broth is absorbed.
- Add more broth and continue cooking broth down and adding new broth until rice is just done (about 20 minutes).
- Add vegetables and cook to heat done.
- Stir in Parmesan and parsley before serving.
- Makes 2 servings.