1/1 Photo of Artichoke and Red Pepper Frittata (Ww 4 Points)
So versatile, I could eat eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That sentiment seems to be widely shared given the number of dishes from the world over featuring this staple. This Italian dish is my take on a Weight Watcher's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium potato, cooked, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 170.09 g artichoke hearts, canned without oil, about 1 cup, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3.69 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground is best
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese or 118.29 ml asiago cheese, grated
- 1Lightly coat a 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. (Please note, using a smaller or larger skillet changes both the cooking time and results.).
- 2Add onion and sauté for a minute. Add garlic, cooked potatoes, artichokes and peppers. Sauté an additional two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat together red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, pepper, egg whites and eggs.
- 4Pour over vegetable mixture. After a minute, gently lift egg mixture to let uncooked egg portion run to bottom of skillet. Cook frittata over medium heat until eggs begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- 5When almost set, sprinkle with cheese. Place skillet under broiler 3 to 4 inches from heat until cheese melts, about one minute.
- 6Cut into 4 wedges and serve hot. (I actually like cold frittatas as well, å la the Spanish tortilla.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Red Pepper Frittata (Ww 4 Points)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 1077.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.5 g