Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Originally from "Food & Wine" 10/2000
- 4 ciabatta rolls or 4 (6 inch) baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced prosciutto
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and flattened slightly
- 8 arugula leaves
- Brush the cut sides of the ciabatta with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the prosciutto, artichoke hearts and arugula on the ciabatta and close the panini.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat.
- Arrange the panini in the skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan.
- Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the filling is heated through, 3 minutes per side.
- Cut the panini in half and serve at once.
Yummy-ola! We made a couple of changes: French bread worked great, and we added some mayo. We liked it, but I think it needed something else, to zip it up ... maybe some Feta cheese? We'll make it again with something else and see! The kids thought smushed sandwiches were very interesting!!! I'll use my waffle iron next time and see what they think then! :-)