Recipe by LifeIsGood
Here is a delicious and very simple pesto recipe by Gwyneth Paltrow. It's great as a spread for good bread or crackers! I really love this quick and easy pesto. It's a winner!
Top Review by Maito
We thought the flavor of this pesto was wonderful as a sauce for pasta. I might have had a similar experience with the texture on pasta as a previous reviewer did, but I think this would easily be remedied by adding a little broth next time to make it a bit more liquidy (and honestly, it didn't really bother us that much). I made one recipe for two for dinner, over half a pound of pasta. I am betting this would be really great as a dip too.
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cooked (canned would be fine, and roughly chopped)
- 1⁄8 cup raw pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- coarse salt, a pinch (just a little since the parmesan is salty, you can always add more salt when finished)
- fresh ground black pepper, a few grinds
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, thinly sliced (use as much as you would like, to taste...I like 1 t.)