Recipe by Bellablue
A refreshing and healthy appetizer! I prefer this to the heavier artichoke and spinach dip..although I do still like that as well. Hope you all enjoy as I do!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichokes (drained and chopped)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento (diced and drained)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 (7 inch) pita bread rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine artichokes, pimentos, green onions, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Split pita rounds open. Cut each half into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- Place pita wedges on a baking sheet, smooth side down and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool pita wedges and set aside in airtight container until ready to serve.
- Top each pita wedge with 1 tablespoon of Artichoke Relish.