1/2 Photos of Artichoke and Olive Marinara Sauce
A fast and tasty sauce for a pasta supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced drained bottled pepperoncini peppers (Italian pickled peppers)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (32 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1In a large skillet cook garlic, onion and peperoncini in oil over moderately-low heat, stirring, until onion is softened, add wine and boil 3-5 minutes, or until wine is almost evaporated.
- 2Add tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- 3Stir in artichokes and olives and simmer sauce for 5 minutes and stir in parsley and season to taste.
- 4Enough for 1 lb of pasta, such as penne.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Olive Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g