- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced drained bottled pepperoncini peppers (Italian pickled peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (32 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook garlic, onion and peperoncini in oil over moderately-low heat, stirring, until onion is softened, add wine and boil 3-5 minutes, or until wine is almost evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in artichokes and olives and simmer sauce for 5 minutes and stir in parsley and season to taste.
- Enough for 1 lb of pasta, such as penne.