Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a little twist from the normal artichoke casserole we normally find because of the added tomato an pine nuts. Nice combo of flavors, makes this dish tasty.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, washed,stems removed,and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 (7 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- Butter a shallow baking dish.
- Then sprinkle the dish with the 3 Tblsp.
- of white wine.
- Arrange the mushroom caps and artichoke hearts alternately in the dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Combine sliced stems, tomato sauce, and pine nuts,mixing all this well.
- Pour over the vegetables.
- Lastly, sprinkle with the parsley and the cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350* for 30 min.
We found this dish to be rather bland. Something was missing flavor-wise; maybe some Italian herb seasoning?