Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served as a salad or an appetizer......But any way you serve it, I think you're gonna love it. I clipped this out of the newspaper a few years ago and I've been making it ever since.
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced hearts of palm, drained
- 1⁄4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sun dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive large mixing bowl.
- Cover& chill overnight.
Very nice recipe. I had the ingredients and it's a bunch of stuff that I love so wanted to try this one. The only changes that I made were that I had sweet onion instead of red onion and did not have fresh parsley on hand but did have fresh cilantro. I enjoyed this and from other reviews made sure to marinate it overnight. I found it to be even better a couple of days later but by then the cranberries had discolored the hearts of palm so if it is for company it's not as presentable. I will double up on the onion next time because I thought the crunch and flavor was great. Thanks for posting, Boca Pat, this is very good.
Good salad. We left out the cranberries (personal preference). Hearts of palm are yummy and always a welcome addition to a salad.
Very easy and very good! I used dried whole cherries because I prefer the slightly tart fruit to the sweeter one. It is important to make this overnight. Next time I will make a bit more of the dressing.