Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nothing but rave reviews when I've made this! I tend to put in a little more cheese and mix it up with Havarti and play with other ingredients like mushrooms, but straight from the recipe is superb, as well! Makes for a great dish if you're entertaining for brunch- just make sure you plan ahead! The Cooking Light editors recommend at least 8 hours (or overnight) to let the dish sit in the fridge.
- 3 English muffins, split and quartered
- cooking spray
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml chopped lean ham (about 4 ounces)
- 118.29 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 0.59 ml ground nutmeg
- 340.19 g can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- Arrange muffin pieces, crust sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with butter.
- Arrange ham and next 4 ingredients (ham through garlic) over muffin pieces.
- Combine nutmeg and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over muffin mixture. Cover; chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake in oven preheated to 375 for 50-55 minutes, or until set. Let it rest for 10 minutes and serve warm.