9 hrs 10 mins
Nothing but rave reviews when I've made this! I tend to put in a little more cheese and mix it up with Havarti and play with other ingredients like mushrooms, but straight from the recipe is superb, as well! Makes for a great dish if you're entertaining for brunch- just make sure you plan ahead! The Cooking Light editors recommend at least 8 hours (or overnight) to let the dish sit in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 English muffins, split and quartered
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped lean ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1Arrange muffin pieces, crust sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with butter.
- 2Arrange ham and next 4 ingredients (ham through garlic) over muffin pieces.
- 3Combine nutmeg and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over muffin mixture. Cover; chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Bake in oven preheated to 375 for 50-55 minutes, or until set. Let it rest for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Ham Strata
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 874.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 22.4 g