1/2 Photos of Artichoke and Garbanzo Stew
Found this in Sunset magazine. It says it's good over rice or with slices of hearty bread. Add a tossed salad and it's a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped (6oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (6-8oz)
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped (12oz) or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Set a 4-to 6 quart pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add oil, onion and salt. Stir often until onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and chile flakes. Stir until garlic softens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, garbanzos, and broth.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender when pierced, about 15 minutes.
- 6Season with sage, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7For Vegan/Vegetarian do not use the chicken broth option.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Garbanzo Stew
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g