Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is an old standby for pot lucks and picnics. It is so simple and most ingredients come from the pantry. This salad is best served at room temperature and made a day ahead for the flavors to blend. Delicious!!!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 (10 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together garlic, lemon juice, oregano and pepper.
- Add other ingredients.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve at room temperature.
A very nice & colorful salad. I added diced red & green peppers and sliced green onions as I had some on hand. Marinating overnight let the flavors blend and the salad holds well. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Really loved this salad. The first day I made the recipe, I would have given it a 3, however, I let it sit overnight and tried it the next day - FABULOUS! My 3 year old was devouring the chickpeas from the bowl. I didn't have marinated artichoke hearts...just used drained ones. I increased the olives and garlic. WONDERFUL!
I have made this salad many times, it is as Deb says, delicious! It is very easy to make and keeps well in the fridge for a few days. I often add small chunks of red or yellow peppers to the salad too.