Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a very easy recipe with a lot of flavor. The english muffins can be replaced with baguettes, french bread, or other base.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Chop artichokes.
- Combine arichokes with crab, mayonnaise, onions, and cheese.
- Split each English muffin in half, and spread the mixture on the cut side of the split muffins.
- Cut each of the muffin halves into quarters; arrange the muffin triangles on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- (The flavor is good at room temp, also.).
This is a great recipe - thanks for posting. My mom used to make a very similar one when we were kids. We called them "crabbies" & they were always a favorite. I'm glad to get the recipe & I've made them three times this holiday season. Like some of the other reviewers, to me it is much better if you cut way, way back on the artichokes - I think 1/4 jar is plenty. I also used less mayo & cheese to make the crab stand out more. One more thought - after baking for 12 min., put them under the broiler for a minute or so to make them browned & bubbly.
Oh my heavens, was this ever awesome? Thank you so much Ms. Bold! I made these for supper one night, and served them with a salad. Fantastic! Creamy and crabby with tons of flavor! Thank you so much for sharing!
We had appetizers for dinner last night and this one was the perfect choice as I had odds and ends of ingredients to use up. I used a bit less mayo, about 3/4 cup, my onion of choice was green onion and I threw in the last of a jar of roasted red peppers, chopped, that I had on hand. These are SO easy to throw together and broil and we enjoyed them very much (and have leftovers for today!). Thanks for the fine recipe Bea :)