Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve this dip with tortilla chips or bits of toasted pita bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the artichokes, then chop them.
- Mix with the other ingredients, transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
I made this last night. Very easy and good. It took alot more than 15 to 20 min to get hot and bubbly though. Could be my oven. Not sure. I substituted tabasco for cayenne as that is what I had in the house. Didn't add quite enough. Also, not sure I drained the artichoke hearts enough so be careful on that or your dip will be a tad bit watery. I followed one reviewers suggestion and soaked my canned crab in milk to get alot of the strong flavor out and that worked out very well. My husband said this a.m., "Can I take some of that to work to make the guys jealous?" Sure thing! I will definitely make this again! Thank you!
I love all the ingrediants so I knew I couldn't go wrong here. I love garlic so I added way more and thought it needed just a little tiny something so I added some fresh lemon juice. Served with fresh french bread and that was dinner:)
I made this for a small get together for a fantasy football draft... my husband would NOT stop! I did have a little leftover and we warmed it up the next day and finished her off... my husband called it restaurant quality - and he didn't even think he liked crab!