Recipe by hopefulchef
This is one of my favorite meals to make and take for lunch the next day. It won first place at the County Fair.
Top Review by Kathy!!
Great. This would have been 5 stars but I thought it needed more liquid so I added more water. Very glad that I did because it was thick enough. The taste was wonderful. Also, I made 1/2 recipe very successfully. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans artichoke hearts in brine
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, diluted with
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) soup can full Minute Rice
- crumbled cooked bacon, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 13 x 9 in baking dish with Pam.
- Heat pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cubed/seasoned chicken, cook halfway.
- Meanwhile, mix soup, water, mayonnaise and rice.
- Add artichokes and chicken, fold in cheese saving about 3/4 cup for topping.
- Spread in bottom of 13 x 9 inch pan, add rest of cheese for topping.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, remove and top with bacon bits, bake for another 15 minutes.