1/2 Photos of Artichoke and Broccoli Frittata / Crustless Quiche
What's Cooking?'s Note:
A frittata (also known as crustless quiche) is a perfect palette for colorful vegetables and strongly flavored cheeses. What I love about frittatas is that they are one of the few egg dishes that are delicious at room temperature and can be stored in the refrigerator (or even frozen) for days. This one is not just for breakfast - Try it for lunch or dinner with a salad or steamed veggies. Eat hot or at room temperature - Leftovers can be heated in toaster oven or microwave. I designed this recipe to be gluten-free, using my homemade fresh gluten-free Italian breadcrumbs - But you can use any type of breadcrumbs you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 473.18 ml small fresh broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml fresh dill, minced
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs (regular or gluten-free, fresh or dry)
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Chop the artichoke hearts coarsely.
- 3Heat olive oil in a heavy 10-inch oven-safe cast iron pan over medium flame.
- 4Add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- 5Add garlic and broccoli; saute until the onions have begun to brown and the broccoli is cooked through but still crisp. Remove from heat.
- 6In a large bowl, combine eggs, herbs and spices and milk; whisk until well beaten.
- 7Add parmesan, breadcrumbs, artichokes, and half of the cheddar cheese. Stir gently; pour mixture over the broccoli and onions.
- 8Sprinkle remaining cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the eggs - Do not stir.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 10Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- 11Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 12Leftovers can be successfully reheated in oven, microwave or toaster oven. Serves 10.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke and Broccoli Frittata / Crustless Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 196.8 mg
- Sodium 358.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.8 g