Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice tapas recipe.
- 8 medium artichokes, fresh
- 20 green asparagus, fresh, tender
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce pistachio nut, chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 glass water
- 4 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large pan bring plenty of water to a boil with a little salt and some lemon juice. Remove all the outer leaves and inside filaments of the artichokes, leaving just the hearts. Cook until tender and let them cool in the water in the pan to avoid darkening of the flesh. To prepare the artichoke leaves, boil them in water and a little salt but avoid overcooking. Remove from the water and refresh under the cold tap.
- To cook the asparagus, wash them well, then boil in plenty of lightly salted water until tender but still firm--al dente. Remove from the water and refresh immediately under the cold tap.
- To prepare the sauce use an electric blender or food processor. First add the egg white, garlic, chives, pistachios, lemon juice, bread crumbs, half a glass of water, and a little salt and pepper. Blend for a while then, with the machine still running, add the olive oil little by little as if making mayonnaise. This sauce should have a medium consistency.
- To serve, drain the artichoke hearts, slice and place on plates. Drape the asparagus over decoratively, and cover with the sauce. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and a few chives or endive leaves.